What is the best way to contact YogaSource?
The best way to get in touch with YogaSource is by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach us by phone at (650) 328-9642. We are typically not available to answer calls shortly before and after each class, due to in-person inquiries.
How do I prepare for class?
- Come to class hydrated; don't try to play catchup with drinking water during class or chug a lot of water right before class.
- Avoid large meals up to three hours prior to class.
- Arrive 20 minutes early before your first visit to complete the new student form and get settled.
- If new, practice in the back row so you can follow students who practice regularly.
- Listen to the instructor's guidance as they describe the poses. They will provide cues to help you achieve proper alignment and improve depth.
- Take a break or skip a pose or two if it becomes too challenging.
- Don't get discouraged. With each class, it becomes much easier to make it through all the poses.
What are the studio policies?
- Please sign into class BEFORE entering the practice room.
- We do not allow shoes, cell phones or scents in the studio.
- Class size is limited at the discretion of the instructor. Please arrive early for the busier classes (all noon and 6:30pm classes, and all weekend classes).
- All children under the age of 18 must have a liability waiver signed by a parent or guardian
- For all classes (with the exception of Hot Pilates classes) children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult when practicing. For Hot Pilates classes children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
YogaSource is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Please consider not bringing your valuables with you into the studio.
What should I bring to class?
A yoga mat is required for all classes. Rental mats available at the Front Desk for $2.
For Heated Classes:
- Yoga mat
- Towel - Hand towels (3 for $1) and large towels ($1) are available for rent at the Front Desk.
- Water bottle - 1L water bottles are available for purchase at the Front Desk for $2. Complimentary purified water is located at the back of the studio.
- A change of clothes is suggested for after class.
For Yin & Restorative Classes:
- Yoga Mat
- Extra layers to stay warm.
What should I wear?
Wear light “stretchy” (but not loose) clothes in which you can move easily—but cover appropriately when moving through postures. For Yin and Restorative Yoga classes, extra layers are recommended to stay warm.
What is basic class etiquette?
- Be on time and only leave early if you must. It's always polite to inform your teacher ahead of time if you plan to leave early. There is a 10 minute grace period for students who arrive late to class, but after 10 minutes we regrettably must turn students away. This prevents disruptions to the flow of the class. If you are late, wait for the teacher to acknowledge you and find the best space for you.
- Remove your shoes in the lobby before entering the studio.
- Turn off all cell phones and pagers, even in the changing area. Do not bring your cell phones into class with you, even if they are on silent or vibrate. They are distracting to other students.
- Be considerate of your neighbors' space when you set up your mat.
- Tailor your practice by skipping a pose or by modifying its depth, but do not digress too much from the teacher's instruction. The positive energy in the class depends upon everyone following the basic flow that the teacher is teaching.
- Avoid strong perfumes or lotions.
- Observe silence during practice.
What classes are appropriate for beginners?
If you are new to yoga, Yin, Gentle, Restore & Tune Up and Restorative classes may be the most appropriate for you. Please refer to the online schedule for times these classes are offered during the week.
If you are comfortable with the idea of practicing in a heated room (100-105º), then Bikram is also appropriate.
Vinyasa classes tend to be mixed-levels, and modifications are offered, but some more advanced variations will also be introduced.
Power Yoga is an intermediate to advanced class that isn't appropriate for beginners. Over time, every class will become more comfortable with familiarity and practice!
What is YogaSource's Online Membership Account?
Our online reservation sytem allows you to sign up for workshops (but not classes) ahead of time. You can also use it to purchase a new package or membership online, or to see how many sessions you have left or when your membership will renew. You can sign up and log in here.